Gibbs lighthouse& somerset drawbridge

Jayneykul

You'll be on the Summit, correct?

You could take a route #7 bus to get to both. The drawbridge is first if you are coming from the Dockyard.

A taxi would be a good option.

Since it is your last day, plan to get an early start. Gibbs opens at 10AM so make an effort to be there by then.

SBtS

We wanted a local tour and met another couple who were interested in the same idea. We found a friendly taxi driver right off the cruise dock who agreed to take us on a private tour of the island. It was 3 hours and cost us only $50 per couple (plus we each gave him a tip). It was well worth the money spent! I told him I am an artist and wanted to see sights I could photograph to make paintings of later, and he took us to many beautiful spots including Gibb's Lighthouse, the little drawbridge, Flatt's Village and the Aquarium, a soldier's fort and graveyard, a sea-glass beach, a place with a charming little chapel and some beautiful, photogenic gardens and ocean views. He was a lively tour guide and gave us lots of Bermuda lore, and his cab was a mini van that was very comfortable and air conditioned. We took all the time we wanted at each spot and still saw everything. I think we will do the same thing this time around, maybe start a "private" taxi tour in St. George's this time rather than Dockyard. That way we can see St. David's Light (my husband is a David, so he'll like that). He has mobility problems due to a respiratory issue, so he loved our previous tour. We negotiated the price with the driver before we took the ride, but I think their rates are set.

• 2 weeks later...
We wanted a local tour and met another couple who were interested in the same idea. We found a friendly taxi driver right off the cruise dock who agreed to take us on a private tour of the island. It was 3 hours and cost us only $50 per couple (plus we each gave him a tip). It was well worth the money spent! I told him I am an artist and wanted to see sights I could photograph to make paintings of later, and he took us to many beautiful spots including Gibb's Lighthouse, the little drawbridge, Flatt's Village and the Aquarium, a soldier's fort and graveyard, a sea-glass beach, a place with a charming little chapel and some beautiful, photogenic gardens and ocean views. He was a lively tour guide and gave us lots of Bermuda lore, and his cab was a mini van that was very comfortable and air conditioned. We took all the time we wanted at each spot and still saw everything. I think we will do the same thing this time around, maybe start a "private" taxi tour in St. George's this time rather than Dockyard. That way we can see St. David's Light (my husband is a David, so he'll like that). He has mobility problems due to a respiratory issue, so he loved our previous tour. We negotiated the price with the driver before we took the ride, but I think their rates are set.

What a wonderful idea! Sounds like a wonderful tour!