Smoking on Pride of America

CruisnDeb

I don't know if it has recently changed - but I cruised POA both in 12 & 13, and both times, smoking was allowed on your cabin balcony also.

LONG GONE has smoking been allowed in cabins or balcony. And long over due to be gone.

Oh yea, just read up further on it... Nov 2014 looks like it changed.

I agree with you. People abuse it and don't think about the effect on neighbouring cabins - but its a shame. Its also a lot of money for people to spend and not be able to enjoy a small piece of whatever they like on their own balcony.

To be honest though - I was surprised that it was allowed back then. Especially given how strict Hawaiian hotels are.

I totally agree about it shouldn't be allowed on the balcony's. I am a non-smoker and I am looking to see if there is any smoking allowed anywhere near where my balcony is. I went on a cruise on Royal Caribbean where no smoking was allowed on balcony's. What I didn't know is they allowed smoking on the deck below my balcony on the side of the ship I was on, so I am just trying to avoid that happening again.

I totally agree about it shouldn't be allowed on the balcony's. I am a non-smoker and I am looking to see if there is any smoking allowed anywhere near where my balcony is. I went on a cruise on Royal Caribbean where no smoking was allowed on balcony's. What I didn't know is they allowed smoking on the deck below my balcony on the side of the ship I was on, so I am just trying to avoid that happening again.

From memory - the only public smoking areas, where on the very top decks & rear of the ship on deck 12 (i think) But Im certain it wasn't on any of the lower decks.

Hope that helps.