Disney fantasy cabin help...10118 vs. 5150

A2Zmom

Hi,

We are looking to book a verrandah cabin on the fantasy for the sailing in two weeks and since it's such short notice, our choices are limited. The 2 cabins available are 10118 and 5150. I've read that 5150 is next door to Pepe's door and gets noisy due to people knocking on that door. Reviews of 10118 say that it is below the pool and gets noisy when they are putting out the chairs at 6 a.m.

So I am trying to figure our which is the lesser of 2 evils?!!!

If anyone has stayed in/near these cabins, i would really appreciate your advice!

Thanks!!

We had an AFT cabin deck 10 and the reviews said it was noisy too but we never heard anything. I would do deck 10 in a heart beat.

The Dream and Fantasy are sister ships so if one is noisy the other should be noisy too. Thursday I will be in 10108 and we have a friend who has 10118. I can post Sunday after we get back how the noise level was but that may be too late for you.

Since i havnt had any problems with deck 10 I would go for it. At least it is very fast to get any where on the upper decks or the buffet and animators Palate from there.

Kathy

You may have already made your decision.....but I have an app, Ship Mate, with the deck plans of the cruise lines.

It looks like your 10118 is a " family " ocean view verandah. Quite roomy and a great location. I have heard about deck chairs. You could try what I do....I always pack a small white noise/air purifier machine for unexpected noise.

5150 is lower in the ship and doesn't look like the same roomy " family" category as 10118. You might be trading deck noise for engine noise and vibration.

Good luck!

You may have already made your decision.....but I have an app, Ship Mate, with the deck plans of the cruise lines.

It looks like your 10118 is a " family " ocean view verandah. Quite roomy and a great location. I have heard about deck chairs. You could try what I do....I always pack a small white noise/air purifier machine for unexpected noise.

5150 is lower in the ship and doesn't look like the same roomy " family" category as 10118. You might be trading deck noise for engine noise and vibration.

Good luck!

5150 was a 5E category stateroom that had the very large extended balcony. These staterooms were recategorized to a 4 which are family staterooms. However the staterooms are the same inside size as other 5's. The trade off is which is more important...more inside space or more verandah space. Personally, I choose the latter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived