HELP - NCL Epic: Cabin 9090 (or any close to elevators)

Hi guys,

I've just seen that I got assigned cabin 9090 on NCL Epic. I can't say I'm surprised as I bought a GTY inside stateroom. According to the deck plans, it seems it's right in front of the elevators.

t7mt7m.jpg

My question to you is:

Once I open the door I see the elevators right away? No wall, no nothing?

It's not like I plan to stay there for a while, as I'll probably just go sleep there, but no one likes to be in a stateroom where might get too noisy (not very likely during the night).

From the image I can't really understand, so I hope anyone can help me. You don't have to know this specific cabin, as this applies to all other cabins next to lifts. I've been trying to look up on Youtube to see how the corridors are like, etc, but so far haven't found anything yet.

Thanks!

Edited by ppstateofmind

Hi guys,

I've just seen that I got assigned cabin 9090 on NCL Epic. I can't say I'm surprised as I bought a GTY inside stateroom. According to the deck plans, it seems it's right in front of the elevators.

My question to you is:

Once I open the door I see the elevators right away? No wall, no nothing?

It's not like I plan to stay there for a while, as I'll probably just go sleep there, but no one likes to be in a stateroom where might get too noisy (not very likely during the night).

From the image I can't really understand, so I hope anyone can help me. You don't have to know this specific cabin, as this applies to all other cabins next to lifts. I've been trying to look up on Youtube to see how the corridors are like, etc, but so far haven't found anything yet.

Thanks!

Deck is all cabins so only noise would be when people are waiting for elevator. Probably not many people at once.

Thank you for your feedback.

I know it's only cabins on that deck. but I was wondering if, considering the image i posted, once i get out of the cabin i see an elevator right away, or if this cabin is also on the cabins corridor. Do you know what i mean?

Looking at the picture it looks like the elevator is RIGHT in front of the cabin door, no wall, no nothing.

Thank you for your feedback.

I know it's only cabins on that deck. but I was wondering if, considering the image i posted, once i get out of the cabin i see an elevator right away, or if this cabin is also on the cabins corridor. Do you know what i mean?

Looking at the picture it looks like the elevator is RIGHT in front of the cabin door, no wall, no nothing.

Does look like opens in front of elevator, but maybe on the end. Did you call NCL to ask?

We were sort of near there, albeit in a balcony on the other side. I have to say though, I never heard any noise from people at the elevator noise. I never ever heard noise from our next door neighbors either. We had to open the door to hear the ship annoucements in the hallways. So perhaps the cabin walls are such that you will not hear much noise at all. The noises I heard were the doors slamming closed, which you should not hear at all. :)

We also always travel with a white noise machine. That may have helped while we were sleeping, but it does not completely drown out loud noises (e.g., doors slamming).

When we traveled on the Sun a couple of years ago, there was a ship noise that kept us awake the first two nights. We went to customer service and complained. Someone came up to listen and told us what the noise was...not that that helped. LOL. Long story short, they moved us to what turned out to be a much better cabin even though it was the same category. So, if it really turns out to be a problem, see what they can do for you.