New England/Canada Cruise (August or September)

jdpavlik

I am looking at a 9 day cruise on board the Liberty of the Seas at the end of September 2015. My DW is dying to do this cruise, but I am being shy about booking it because of the weather. You see I would enjoy sitting around the pool on those 3 days at sea. I have been dying to try this ship and I think I might have found a compromise. The same cruise is offered departing a month earlier at the end of August. I really don't care about seeing the Autumn leaves, the ports are still interesting and new.

Any thoughts about leaving at the end of August vs the end of September would be most appreciated.

If you don't care about leaves then go in August. Weather will be hot in the day and can be humid. The farther north you go the evenings, most likely, will cool down. Going in August will give you more daylight. Depending on when in August you may have more families traveling since school usually hasn't started.

Edited by Traveling Library

I just discovered a new wrinkle. The August trip stops for an overnighter in Saint John, New Brunswick and this trip has 2 days at sea. The September trip does not stop in Saint John and it has 4 days at sea.

I just discovered a new wrinkle. The August trip stops for an overnighter in Saint John, New Brunswick and this trip has 2 days at sea. The September trip does not stop in Saint John and it has 4 days at sea.

We have enjoyed Saint John NB very much, first on a trip out east by car (from Michigan) and then by sea two years ago. In the first instance we were primarily interested in witnessing the large tidal changes in the Bay of Fundy where Saint John is located (and we're weren't disappointed!); on our second visit we enjoyed the downtown and historic area, both of which are close to the pier. So personally I would go for an overnight there.

If you prefer sea days to the above, then go the latter.

Barb

I did a round trip from Boston-Quebec-Boston last week of Sept, first week of October and the pool was pretty unusable. Cold and rainy and foggy at sea. Port days were beautiful, and long sleeved shirts were fine, but out on the water things were a bit too chilly for the kind of vacation you're describing wanting.

I'd definitely go with August based on your preferences.

Edited by DaisyGoldberg