Millennium Southbound - Which night to do Q-Sine?

gizvic

We will be on the Millennium Southbound this summer, and are trying to decide which night to eat at Q-Sine. We are in a suite, and will likely choose to eat in Luminae on all of the other evenings.

I want to make sure we are in Luminae on the first and last nights, but am trying to figure out which one of the five other evenings to do Q-Sine. Factors to consider:

• Is the Luminae menu extra-special on any particular evenings?
  • If Q-Sine takes longer than a typical dinner, are there evenings where we would miss especially good entertainment, etc?
  • What else would you consider when making the decision?

Thanks for brainstorming with me!

In case it helps, this is the itinerary:

Day 1: Embark in Seward (We definitely want to eat in Luminae on this night.)

Day 2: Hubbard Glacier

Day 3: Juneau

Day 4: Skagway

Day 5: Icy Strait Point

Day 6: Ketchikan

Day 7: Inside Passage (We definitely want to eat in Luminae on this night.)

Day 8: Disembark in Vancouver

Qsine does take a long time. I would make an early reservation for the time when it opens and request a window seat. There are only a few tables by the window and the view from atop of the ship is very nice. I recommend the disco shrimp, the salad with goat cheese and the painters mignon. All the other items tend to be either too much food or starchy. They bring bread before the meal and it's very good but tends to fill one up- so you won't need starchy foods after that. The best dessert is the Chocolate Tombstone. My advice is to leave food on your plate. It goes against my nature to waste food- but if you eat everything they bring- you'll explode. Shows are usually repeated each night- so you won't really miss anything.

It's really hard to know what will be served in Luminae on a particular night. They have 14 different menus but usually use the same 7 on a 7 night cruise. Our least favorite meal in December was on the 2nd evening chic night but there is no way to know if that will be the same menu on the Alaska cruise. Our plan is to wait until we board, ask the Michael's Club Concierge or the Maître D in Luminae to see the menus and what night they will be used. We usually like the 1st night and the 1st evening chic menu.

Good idea to wait until boarding...or I may do my best guess then change if desired after boarding. Do you know which evenings are the 1st and 2nd evening chic nights?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums