Viking symph/amadeus symph the same???

martinimadam

Is this the same ship, the Symphony, only contracted by different cruise/tour companies. I read a review of the Amadeus Symphony which was not too good, then a more recent review of the Viking Symphony which sounded great. Just wondering if it's the same ship that's been refurbished.

Thanks, ingo_e. I thought it might be the same ship.

Some friends are thinking of trying river cruising, and Gate1 has a great Lyon-Lyon cruise that I think might be enjoyable for them. Just a little concerned as one post I read described the interior as rather thread-bare, though a more recent post didn't mention it.

We just returned from the Viking "Portraits of Southern France" cruise on the MS Amadeus Symphony. This ship is not owned by Viking; they lease it. However, the ship is VERY nice. You will NOT be disappointed. The cabins are small (168 sq. feet) but well-organized with plenty of room for storage. The dining room and lounge areas are also very nice. They have 24-hr complimentary coffee/tea/expresso/hot chocolate service in the lounge area and free WiFi, too. I cannot say enough good things about the staff and crew. If you have specific questions, please email me (bradfeldstein@verizon.net).

doctor4kydz - Thank you sooo much for this information. Just what I needed to hear. :D

I've done some river cruising myself, though it's been about 10 years since I took my last one, so I know that the cabins are usually very small, but also usually well organized. It's a relief to hear from someone who just got off this particular ship. Now I can recommend to my friends that they give river cruising a try.:)

Archived