treasures of the med question

Hi all, We are doing the treasures of the med cruise on 30th august:) and the last destination on the cruise is palamos and we were wondering how long the coach journey from palamos to barcelona takes as we would just like to wander around there under our own steam rather than do a tour as we did a tour in 2011 when we where there last on the dream so we wondered how much free time we`d get in barcelona if we just took the transfer bus, we`d be grateful if one of you guys could shed some light on this for us please, many thanks Del.

Edited by maystar08

Not done the trip so a lot of this is guesswork...

The shorex Barcelona on your own states the trip is 7 hours, Palamos to Barca is 75 miles according to google, so I reckon 1.30 hrs ish each way.

I would therefore expect around 3 to 4 hrs in Barca, depending on traffic.

I met a couple who had been to Barcelona on the ship's tour and I think they'd had bad traffic so it took a couple of hours to get there. They were disappointed as they spent longer travelling than they did in Barcelona.

I did the tour to the Dali Museum in Figueres from Palamos, which I really enjoyed - although I was already interested which helps :)

We did the Mediaeval villages tour which was wonderful - however, our trip was late October after the rice fields had been harvested so that part of the trip was missed out which gave us much more time to explore the 3 villages.

We were only thinking of going to barcelona as a couple of our friends have`nt been there before but after everyone`s input on here we may have to have a rethink on it as we don`t want to spend half of the last day in traffic :eek: