Grand Cayman dive question

cowboycruiser

I'm going on the Liberty of the Seas in a couple weeks and finally getting down to booking excursions. I'll be going with my wife and two adult kids (early 20's) who haven't been on a cruise in about 10 years. I saw that they made the USS KIttywake into a man made reef in Grand Cayman. When I was a submariner it was our rescue ship and the next pier over.

I thought it would be fun to dive on her. The only mention I see on the excursions is a snorkeling trip. None of the dive excursions mention her specifically. Has anyone done a dive excursion that dove on her? If the dive excursion doesn't dive on her, I'd rather spend time doing something else with my wife and kids, then diving alone.

We always book with a private dive operator, and have never had a problem. In Cayman, we prefer using Cayman Turtle Divers. They are a small dive op, but are simply fantastic! Their dive briefs are very professional and the crew are all friendly. If you book with them, mention you want to do the Kittiwake and they'll set it up. I finally got a chance to dive the Kittiwake this past May and loved it! There's even a geocache there (GC4BAC0) if you are into that as well (my wife and I are).

We were on the Paradise (April 30, 2016). We have found Carnival diving excursions as reasonable as on shore. Dove the Kittiwake & a reef off ship for $129.99. It included equipment which we do not use, as we carry own. The ship told us it would be with Don Foster. The dive operation was actually Cayman Diving. The DM (Manny Tellez) gave an excellent briefing. He had a card & showed us where we would enter & go deck to deck. I even went up in the rescue bell. The ship has 2 decompression chambers. Kitchen had pots welded to floor. Look at "diving on Paradise" May 25th,2016 has pictures. Nexttimeclub

Also look at past posts (nexttimeclub) for other underwater pictures.