L L Bean

nivrag4511

My wife would like to go to the L L Bean super store. She has a mobility problem. Would it be easier to take a cab or the ship's shore excursion?Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Question; how much of a mobility problem? Walker, scooter, cane?

I think a taxi is about $40-50 each way, so renting a car may be a better idea, monetarily. Enterprise can arrange a pick up at the port. Bean's has huge parking lots, so that should not be a problem.

Don't know much about the line's shorex, as I don't need one to get to Bean's.:D It won't allow you the flexibility to shop as long or as short as you'd like, but would cater to mobility issues.

• 3 weeks later...
Does the ship have a tour to L l beam we are going to be in port between 7am and 3 pm could you rent a car and get there in time before ship. Leaves

It's about 20-30 minutes driving each way. You could have Enterprise pick you up at the terminal around 8-8:30, and dropping them off back at Enterprise is on the way, so you could be there shortly after 9am, and need to leave Freeport by 1-1:30. Can't guarantee you'll see everything in all the Bean stores (there are 5 separate stores just in Freeport) in 4 hours, but you'll see a lot. I would recommend lunch at Jameson's Tavern, just a couple doors up the road from the flagship store, in operation since 1779.