Currency needed Question?

Sorry, I realise there threads with the answer to this question but I am running out of time to look. I leave tomorrow on Rhapsody of the Seas and need to know if I need local currency for Noumea and Vanuatu.

Thanks in advance :)

Sorry, I realise there threads with the answer to this question but I am running out of time to look. I leave tomorrow on Rhapsody of the Seas and need to know if I need local currency for Noumea and Vanuatu.

Vanuatu accepts Aus and US so no need to change money for there. Remember to take small notes and coin.

Noumea is a little different, not all shops etc take Aus, their currency is french (francs) when we are there, we use our credit card if purchasing something from bigger shops and if we want/need cash, there is an ATM just outside cruise terminal (plus many more in the Main Street) this works out the easiest for us and the rates are fine if using ATM.

Hope this helps, have a wonderful cruise :)

Fiona

Vanuatu everyone will take dollars Noumea you can change up Dollars in the cruise terminal post office desk for Nou franks.

Some vendors will take dollars but these french colonies are fickle and they got it from the french lol

I used my Aust Post loadandgo prepaid card. I get charged 9c per transaction and the prevailing exchange rate. I don't put much on it, so if I get scammed, there is no link whatsoever with my own bank accounts, and I don't get a bunch of useless coins.

I saw the exchange rates advertised at the tourist information centre, and it worked out cheaper on my card.

The ship will exchange some money also, with their exchange rate being a reflection of that they are providing a convenient service.