November 4 on the PG

egret

Well the daughter is married, the second son is in college, the first son is in his last semester, what to do? Go to Tahiti on the Paul Gaugin, right?

I learned an important lesson, plan early. We wanted to go fo my wife's birthday but the October 14 cruise was sold out. The only cat C cabin I could find us was on the November 4 cruise and our precruise choices were limited to Tahit itself or Tikehau. Does anyone have any recommendations for Tikehau? Any other on the board on the November 4 sailing?

I am reallylooking forward to see if anything has changed since 2003 when we did the PG last.

My husband and I are going on the Nov 4 sailing along with another couple from Texas. This will be our first time on the PG and our first time in Tahiti. We are not doing a pre or post cruise package. You can probably teach us a few things. I saw in the roll call that there was another member listed for this sailing.

Well, this will be the thrid time for us on the PG. Needless to say we are infected with the Tahitian Flu. I can provide the perspective from 2003, hopefully the PG is the same. If it is you will have a great vacation.

we did the pre in tikihau, it was brand new at the time, (5 yrs ago),

the water was the clearest i have seen anywhere, very remote and

relaxing. We snorkeled all day even under the bungalow's.

some of our party went diving and they said it was the best anywhere.

food was good, breakfast was included. We took the boat back to the main island of Tikihau one day and found a small market and a "local bar"

if you can call it that, owned by a man who called himself "sumo"

his wife made us some appetizers and he served us very cold beer.

they spoke no english but we had a great afternoon with them.

I highly recommend the Pearl beach at Tikihau!!!

Thanks for the info. When you say the food was good, how does it compare to the food on the PG? Our experience on previous trip was that the resort food did not compare fery well with the food on board. Hope we like the PB Tikehau as much as you did.

Archived