Two Scuba Questions

Natasha708

Hello fellow divers:

Can you tell me if any of you have dove the Dolphin dive at Chankanaab State Park in Cozumel?

I have done it in the Bahamas, and wondering if this is as good and worth the 134.00. Thx.

Also have any of you dove at Little French Key in Roatan. I have dove several times in Roatan, so yes I know it's great diving, but I'm looking for info on this day trip to Little French Key.

Thank u again.

Chankanaab Dolphin dive in Cozumel?

The dolphins are kept in a pen, I don't think there is a dive with them. It is a small area of the ocean with a fence around it. There is a dolphin experience and a dolphin push-pull swim, but no dive that I have ever heard of.

There is a dolphin dive in Roatan, at Anthony's Key Resort. They let the dolphins out of their pen and lead them out to the dive area with the divers, then take them back to the penned area afterwards.

Chankanaab Dolphin dive in Cozumel?

The dolphins are kept in a pen, I don't think there is a dive with them. It is a small area of the ocean with a fence around it. There is a dolphin experience and a dolphin push-pull swim, but no dive that I have ever heard of.

There is a dolphin dive in Roatan, at Anthony's Key Resort. They let the dolphins out of their pen and lead them out to the dive area with the divers, then take them back to the penned area afterwards.

Info on Dolphin Dive..

Dive with dolphins in Cozumel

As closer as ever!

Enjoy an hour of diving in Cozumel Mexico and dive with dolphins in the turquoise shallow waters of Chankanaab Park surrounded by a natural environment in Dolphin Discovery Cozumel. The first part of the program gets you comfortable with the scuba equipment. The actual diving in Cozumel will be around 25 feet deep where you will have the experience of a lifetime being as close to dolphins as you have ever imagined.

During the dive with dolphins activity, you will be petting, giving and receiving kisses and holding in your arms one of these beautiful marine animals. Breathtaking underwater viewing lets you enter the enchanting world of the dolphins below the water's surface. Underwater viewing lets you get an up close look at what’s happening beneath the waves. You will admire dolphins abilities like the barrel roll all around the participants, the presentation of their favorite song and free jumps. It's a fun-filled experience! Our Dolphins perform amazing flips and other awesome feats, you'll marvel at their playfulness. After your incredible dive with dolphins experience, you will be able to enjoy the facilities at Dolphin Discovery, the Chankanaab National Reef Park and downtown Cozumel Mexico, a great shopping spot. This is one of the greatest things to do in Cozumel.

Edited by Natasha708

If you read the description on the website, all you are paying to do is kneel down on the sand in the small dolphin enclosure while on scuba. It is NOT diving, IMHO. There is no scuba certification required either. No way I would pay $179 to do that. Just my opinion.

If you want to "dive" with dolphins, and you are a certified diver, then the one at AKR in Roatan gives you that. It is a real ocean dive when dolphins accompany you.

just my opinion.