Billing mistake? Call back from TA...

cruisinmtl

Just checking if this is normal....A day after booking my cruise my TA calls back and says he is sorry but he made a mistake and that I owe another 250$ for the cabin I reserved (royal caribbean apparently phoned him). I find it strange since I spent a long time on the phone with him for this reservation and after all is arranged I get this call? Plus I asked him to see what category I could have without paying that amount. He said he would ask them and he hasn't called me back yet. Very disappointing. My first cruise with them and this happens. Not off to a good start! Although all seems good when I check the royal Caribbean website under "my cruises".. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Your TA offered you a price and you accepted and placed a deposit on the trip. I sort of think you have a contract right there. I don't know who made the error, but I would raise a little bit of a fuss if they are asking for more money for what you booked.

Travel agencies do carry "Error & Omission" insurance for instances where they have misquoted prices.

Edited by Coralc

Do you actually owe more money or just more money for the deposit? Have heard a few stories of the amount of the deposit being wrong? Just a thought. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was originally told the deposit on my next cruise was $250pp, but then because we booked a suite it was actually $500pp. It's possible it's a discrepancy with the deposit. If it's not, then I agree that you shouldn't owe more if the TA made a mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you actually owe more money or just more money for the deposit? Have heard a few stories of the amount of the deposit being wrong? Just a thought. Good luck

Good point. If the TA is puitting the OP into a group, then full deposit is required.

Thank you for your responses. Actually I paid for the whole trip. I used some reward miles which paid for a bit (the TA was with airmiles in Canada). So maybe that's why I was billed for the whole trip right away. That's ok for paying the whole amount, I just find it strange that he calls me back the next day after all was arranged to charge me an extra 250$ because he made a mistake on the price of the stateroom. Then he says he will call back and nothing....