Best cozumel place to buy alcohol?

tlwg04

looks like im taking a quick trip here to celebrate the DD 21st. i found an amazing store in st. thomas a few weeks ago, and wondered if i could be lucky twice? im not a tequila drinker, just looking for variety to expand my bar at home.

TIA!!

Chedraui supermarket has good prices and assortment. There is also Europa at 11 and Melgar with a wide assortment. Hope you enjoy our beautiful island!

Thank you for the tip! Are either of those easily accessible from the ship? I think we are spending the rest of our port time at Mr. Sanchos, so will they be far from there?

Chedurai and Europa as well as Mega Mart, near Europa, are on or just off the main waterfront road as you head into town. There's also Cosi Liquors in the same vicinity but a little further back.

If you're docking at the International Pier or Puerta Maya, these are to your left (north) about 3 kilometers or so. Mr. Sanchos is to your right, south, about 10 kilometers. Best bet is to do Mr. Sanchos first and then stop at one of these places on the return and back track to the pier.

If you dock at Punta Langosta, downtown, stopping coming back from MS is definitely the way to go. Europa has a better wine selection than the others and maybe some of the more artisanal tequila and mescals. But otherwise, you'll find pretty much the same brands in all of these places but most are lower in price than at the Duty free shops on the piers.