Tampa hotel recs

dory627

i am seriously dragging my feet on this since we do not get in until 11 pm the night and i do not feel like wasting $$$ on for 5 hours sleep.

anything under $90 a night?

Try the Rocky Point area hotels... FREE shuttles both from the airport and to the port!:)

We just booked the Holiday Inn Express at Rocky Point last night for our GOS cruise on Monday. Hope this is a good hotel and area. I called direct and it was a little cheaper than going on the "travel websites" to book. It might have been because I was able to use a AAA discount. It will be 3 adults. I had a time finding a good rate with two double beds instead of a king and sofa bed. Our cousin will be on the sofa bed on the cruise so didn't want her to have to sleep this weekend on one.

Does anybody know how far it is to the port and/or about how long it will take us to get there on Monday with the traffic, etc? We will be taking our car and parking at the parking deck at the port.

Also, a heads up for others looking for a place to stay this weekend---------the SEC men's basketball t'ment will be in Tampa this weekend. I think it is starting on Thur. if not sooner.

We just booked the Holiday Inn Express at Rocky Point last night for our GOS cruise on Monday. Hope this is a good hotel and area. I called direct and it was a little cheaper than going on the "travel websites" to book. It might have been because I was able to use a AAA discount. It will be 3 adults. I had a time finding a good rate with two double beds instead of a king and sofa bed. Our cousin will be on the sofa bed on the cruise so didn't want her to have to sleep this weekend on one.

Does anybody know how far it is to the port and/or about how long it will take us to get there on Monday with the traffic, etc? We will be taking our car and parking at the parking deck at the port.

Also, a heads up for others looking for a place to stay this weekend---------the SEC men's basketball t'ment will be in Tampa this weekend. I think it is starting on Thur. if not sooner.

Yes, the tournament starts Thursday night, championship game is Sunday afternoon.

As for your travel to the port, as long as you don't go during rush hour it's only 20 minutes or so. I would suggest you NOT go during the work rush traffic (starts around 6:30 to 7, usually pretty clear by 9 or so). That would be early for port arrival anyway.

Yes, the tournament starts Thursday night, championship game is Sunday afternoon.

As for your travel to the port, as long as you don't go during rush hour it's only 20 minutes or so. I would suggest you NOT go during the work rush traffic (starts around 6:30 to 7, usually pretty clear by 9 or so). That would be early for port arrival anyway.

Thanks for the info on the rush hour traffic. I know we will be anxious to head to the port early but guess we can wait until 9 or so to head over there and park and maybe walk around the area before we go to check in. I doubt we will be able to check in before 11 anyway.

Archived