shore excursions from Limon; taxi costs port to Cahuita

travfirst

I am trying to select best shore excursion for four seniors (70+).

From numerous recommendations I am looking now at these three:

1. Cahuita National Park (how much is the taxi from the port to the park? is it easy to find a taxi from the park back to the port?)

2.Tortuguero Wildlife Tour (I visited Cano Negro on my trip to CR. Is this something similar? are the boats comfortable?)

3.Veragua Rain Forest (are there any extensive walking involved?)

Thank you for your suggestions!

• 2 weeks later...

I know all those tours and personally I would recommend a combination of the Tortuguero Canal (one and half hour tour) and Cahuita National Park (2 hours) In Total 6 hours. Even if you have done the Caño Negro, each tour is unique on the Canal. I do this twice a week, as a guide and I am still excited about seeing Jesus Christ lizards running on the water , sloths, monkeys and crocodiles in their natural habitat. Veragua is also interesting but the road to get there is quiet bumpy. At Veragua you can choose between 2 different hikes, one is flat and easy. Have a great time.

• 10 months later...

Cariari, we are thinking of doing a combination of the Tortuguero Canal and a rainforest - either Cahuita National Park or Veragua. Which rainforest is better for seeing wildlife? Is it possible to hire a private driver/taxi to take us to these places? Do we have to hire a separate guide at each place as well? Any suggestions/advice would be welcome.