Natural Wonders Rainforest Tour

jdrouin

I had read about Natural Wonders Tour Co. on CC and decided to book a half day tour to the Yunque for our family of 8. From my first conversation with Ashta to our tour with Jesus... everything was first class!

We arrived in San Juan at 8:00 am and met Jesus our tour guide in front of the Walgreens - which is across the street from the port at 8:30 The drive to the Yunque was about 45min to an hour depending on the traffic. Once we arrived, we decided to start from the top of the rainforest and work our way down to the bottom to avoid some of the crowds. Just a little side note- if you get easily car sick I'd take some Dramamine as the roads are very winding. Jesus told about various plants that grow in the forest and there many uses Our first stop was Juan Diego Falls- it was a short hike up some rocks to the waterfall. Make sure you wear the correct shoes as it's very slippery. There we jumped in the water and took pictures under the waterfall.The water was cold for us Floridians but so worth the dip!

Then we drove down to the tower and walked up to the top for some spectacular views of the rainforest. After a few photo opts Jesus took us to a local place -La Muralla for lunch. They have typical Puerto Rican dishes. We tried a few fried appetizers but the rice with beans and pork was my favorite!

Once we were done with lunch we went to La Coca Falls for some pictures. Our last stop was a swimming hole at the end of the river - called the Big Belly. It was a short hike where we saw huge snails and big termite mound! Jesus showed us the various mineral rocks in the river and how natives long ago used them. We swam for a while and the kids swung off the rope into the river. The water is crystal clear and there are a ton of fish.

After about 45 minutes we decided to head hack to Old San Juan for some shopping. The drive is about an hour depending on traffic. Overall, we had an amazing experience! Jesus was a great tour guide and very accommodating! So if you're looking for a personal tour of the Yunque I'd recommend using Natural Wonders Tour Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums