Suva Beaches Help needed?

Ms Jo UK

Help with SUVA needed. I have started researching this port and I am struggling (nothing new with this cruise)!

Are there any nice beaches close to port that we could spend the day at and is transport easy. If the answer is in the negative has anyone done either of the two resorts (Uprising or Pearl)expensively offered by the cruiseline? If you have what did you think?

Help with SUVA needed. I have started researching this port and I am struggling (nothing new with this cruise)!

Are there any nice beaches close to port that we could spend the day at and is transport easy. If the answer is in the negative has anyone done either of the two resorts (Uprising or Pearl)expensively offered by the cruiseline? If you have what did you think?

I have done a lot of research on Suva and I am disappointed we are even going there. We will be there on a sunday so a lot of places will be closed. What I have heard is that Suva is just a big ugly city and not really any pretty beaches there. That you need to go to one of the smaller islands to get a nice beach which means a tour. We've decided to not swim in Suva since we will be at some other islands that have wonderful beaches. So we're going to a local church there that has an english service at 10 am. Then we'll go back to the ship, change clothes and grab a bite to eat. Then we'll grab a cab and have them take us to the Colo-ISuva Forest Park which has a really nice hiking trail. The cab will wait for us and there are some beautiful ponds and waterfalls that we can get into. So thats our plan on Suva. Hope this helps.

Teanne

There are no beaches in Suva because it is an industrial port. When we were there 2 yrs ago I took the fire dancers tour - big disappointment. Several folks took the "Jewels of Fiji" trip - that had a small boat journey, waterfall climbing, Kava ceremony, and rafting. They had a great time! discover Fiji tours is the vendor.

• 3 weeks later...

The best day you can have is with 'Discover my fiji'. Enquire about the combo tour that goes to a village and be entertained,get to try their lovo, go to colo-i-suva rainforest/waterfalls and go to pearl resort where you can enjoy the beach and take in some amazing scenery as well. All that for just $65. Cheaper If you have a lot of people wanting this tour on the day. This tour is better value than the expensive jewel of fiji tour as well as saving you money