Private Driver Recommendation to Merida

We've been to Progreso several times, but have never gone to Merida. I would like to make arrangements for a private driver to Merida so we could leave immediately & not have to wait for a bus to load up before departing Progreso.

Does anybody have any recommendations on whom to contact? If you've done this sort of thing, did the driver stay with you the entire time or were you able to explore Merida at your own pace & met up with him later at a designated time?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

We got a cab right at the cruise dock for $70 total for four of us...Fernando, our driver showed us around a bit in Merida and then waited for us where we were to meet him in time to head back...We just checked out the sights, did a little shopping, had lunch on the square. It was a great day. We tipped Fernando $20 and you would have thought he had gone to heaven..One tip, if you care to drink a beer on the way, get the driver to stop at a convenience store where four beers, a coke, and a water totaled less than $5...For $90 including tip we thought this to be a really good deal.

I told DH the one plus about hiring a private driver vs. taking the AutoProgreso bus was he could drink a beer on the way to Merida. I'm wondering if Fernando would take just 2 people? Only one way to find out is to contact him. Do you still have Fernando's contact information?

Thanks so much for the information!:)

He was just one of the regular cab drivers there at the ship pier..Just walk on through the shopping area. I am sure they will take 2 people..I'll see if I have a photo of Fernando.Not much help from the back.

I told DH the one plus about hiring a private driver vs. taking the AutoProgreso bus was he could drink a beer on the way to Merida. I'm wondering if Fernando would take just 2 people? Only one way to find out is to contact him. Do you still have Fernando's contact information?

Thanks so much for the information!:)

SANY1654.jpg

image hosting 30 mb

SANY1666.jpg

how to do a screenshot on a pc

SANY1661.jpg

photo share

SANY1653.jpg

screenshot program windows

SANY1664.jpg

capture software

He was just one of the regular cab drivers there at the ship pier..Just walk on through the shopping area. I am sure they will take 2 people..I'll see if I have a photo of Fernando.Not much help from the back.

Thanks so much for the info, overthehillcruiser! BTW - I just wanted to tell you that I've seen your cruise pictures that you've posted on various threads & have always enjoyed them. You not only give helpful information to others, but you also supply a picture or two.:cool: And you know the old saying...a picture can say 1,000 words!:) WTG!!!!

Thank you for that. I appreciate it. I always wonder if some think, why does he keep posting pictures ? Myself, I like it when people do, especially to places I have not been . Thank you again..:)

Thanks so much for the info' date=' [b']overthehillcruiser[/b]! BTW - I just wanted to tell you that I've seen your cruise pictures that you've posted on various threads & have always enjoyed them. You not only give helpful information to others, but you also supply a picture or two.:cool: And you know the old saying...a picture can say 1,000 words!:) WTG!!!!