Independent Arrangements Departure Time

This may not be the correct forum, but I'm getting desperate for an answer. I'm also trying this on the Princess board, and have asked it on a couple of roll calls.

We are cruising the British Isles, on Princess, in August. We are due into Southampton at 5am. I'm trying to schedule our National Express bus to London, but have no idea what time we might be allowed off the ship. My choices seem to be 8:20 or 9:30. Has anyone done this intinerary, and remember what the earliest time for Independent Arrangements is? I called Princess, but of course they were no help.

Thanks!

If you disembark unassisted (keep your cases in your cabin & haul them off the ship yourselves in the morning) you can be off by about 7am. Plenty of cabs for the short hop (5 - 10 mins) to Southampton coach station.

With an early disembarkation slot (about 7.30) same applies though a small risk of a line through the formalities & at the cab rank.

So you'll comfortably make the 08.20.

(the 07.10 is cutting it waaay too fine)

The 09.30 would be safest if you don't want to be hauling your bags at daft o'clock, but still aim for an 8.30 latest slot because by then the ship, the terminal & the cab-rank will be humming with people.

On weekdays the 08.20 will encounter more traffic for the first 10 - 15 miles.

The ship will be pretty-well deserted by 9.30 so booking the 10.30 coach would be wasting some time hanging around at the coach station.

BTW, ignore the cruise terminal option on the Nat Express website. It doesn't apply to your terminal.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull