Pacific Eden 21 March - My experience and thoughts

oldenslo

We just returned from a 4 night cruise Adelaide-Port Lincoln-Adelaide on the Pacific Eden.

Thought I would share some thoughts on the trip.

I was worried about embarkation as I thought the Port (due to lack of use) would struggle with the crowd. Pleasantly I couldn't have been more wrong.

From bag drop on the curb to stepping on board was only 15 minutes, excellent work P&O.

Cabin was fine for my wife and 14 Y.O. son, the sofa bed was slightly on the firm side but it was OK. We knew about no fridge so no worries - might be an issue on longer cruise in the warmer weather though.

Public spaces were very nice, you can tell it is in older ship with the layout but the renovations were well done.

We found the Pantry suited us fine, food ranged from average to excellent. A couple of the curries were lovely and we had no issues at all finding a seat. We seemed to gravitate to the "bar type" seating against the window, we were treated to a huge pod of orcas that went past one morning - unforgettable.

Thanks to this forum as soon as we boarded we booked Angelos for dinner, what a mistake. Food was nice (extremely small serves) but the service was deplorable, so slow and our waiter looked and acted like he was on death row. We are very laid back people, but we would strongly recommend not to go there.

Only saw one production in the showroom and thoroughly enjoyed it, they had live music around the ship. Listened to the band in the Blue Room and by the pool. The guy in the Mix bar singing/guitar was great, interacted well with the crowd - took requests and had such a range of songs from old to current - amazing.

A big congratulations to P&O and the volunteers at Port Lincoln who had a great shuttle service from the wharf to the middle of town. You could walk along the foreshore into town if you wished. The townsfolk we so friendly and helpful, we had a great day there - from about 8am to 7:30pm

It was nice leaving from home instead of having to fly to board a cruise, we would go on Pacific Eden again - if the price was right.

The bad thing is we now have to wait over 18 months for our next cruise :(

Loved your review, especially seeing the Orcas:)) I seen some on the Jewel early December coming down into Victorian waters Bass Strait from NSW, just so amazing. We leave on the Eden on Friday from Adelaide to Fremantle, stopping kangaroo Island and Esperance, hope to see more whales, and looking forward to the food in the pantry again, I loved it last time and can't understand people faulting it, happy cruising:)