The Sky to Cuba May 8th Review

corley05

what was the name of the Cuban tour company used?

Tuesday evening:

We ate dinner at the MDR after a shower and got ready for an excursion we booked that night through NCL. We booked the Parisien Cabaret through the ship. We were supposed to meet at 730 for the show. What we didn't know was that the show didn't start till 10p. We got on a bus and drove around for 45m then went to the hotel. We had time for drinks but had to meet up at 9 to go in to the show. In hindsight we should have not planned two things in one day. We were so tired. Having to wait around for 2.5 hours for the show to start just wore us out. The show was good but if I could do it again I would book it on my own. We were too tired to enjoy the show.

Wednesday:

We booked another ship excursion (rum, cigars, and art tour) with a 930 am time. We had to be at the stardust at 8a. We did leave by 830. We drove around havana for an hour but the first place we were supposed to go we couldn't go to. In fact everything scheduled was changed. We knew it might not be perfect so we just rolled with it. We did end up leaving the tour early because were were starving (at noon) and the guide said we still a few stops and we wouldn't finish till almost 2. Way too long without food for us. We did have a cigar and rum pairing and that was excellent. They also took us to Fusterlandia which was so cool (artist community).

*we heard that several tours were either changed or canceled and they weren't too good at letting people know what was going on. We expected it to be a little 'bumpy' since this was only the second week. I highly recommend you book private tours (cheaper and easier).

We found another Paladar to eat at La Familia and the food was so good. They even had a couple guys playing guitars and singing. This one was also rooftop. We wandered around more and bought some cigars, coffee and rum. We got back on the ship around 3. We spent all the money we exchanged.

We found we spent most of our money tipping people. There wasn't too much to buy.

We spent sail away in the pool drinking cocktails.

Thursday:

GSC is always a good time. I would say only half the ship got off and getting off was easy. We got on the first tender without much effort. Not many were waiting for tickets early.

Friday:

Disembarkation was easy. We walked off at 845 and got a uber to ft lauderdale.

This trip was great. We did hear a lot of the seasoned cruisers complaining about the ship. I get it. But honestly the ship is clean and the staff is so great. We like that its simple without a zillion things going on. We enjoy the pool, hot tub, and outdoor bars.

The itinerary was great and we would definitely take this one again.

Thanks for the review. Very helpful. Others on the boards have said you don't have to exchange US dollars. Do you agree? would you have been able to purchase with US dollars? I'm also doing the hotel Parisian. Other than taking a nap prior to the excursion do you have any other suggestions. I just noticed that NCL took the Tropicana and the Buena Vista social club off my possible excursions on 8/7/17 sailing. Any idea why?

We just left Havana and no one wanted dollars (and we interacted with tons of people). The one person who did take dollars from us charged us more to make up for the conversion penalty. Converting money is the way to go.

We just left Havana and no one wanted dollars (and we interacted with tons of people). The one person who did take dollars from us charged us more to make up for the conversion penalty. Converting money is the way to go.

I agree just exchange.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Forums mobile app