Glory cabin 7344

Cruisinforsanity

• 3 weeks later...
Cruising on the Glory 2/27/16. Has anyone stayed in this cabin? Reviews?

My cabin of choice for this ship is 7411

(the one next to it holds 4 people as well)

deck 7 is the best deck on a ship. you are between cabin space and away from public areas. With my choice of cabin i can get to the stairs / elevators quickly-- up two decks for food and pools down two decks for entertainment with little travel. I have no across the hall neighbors. (this is where they store the fire doors)

IF you get the aft dining room-- you can only access the dining room using the aft elevator.. (the galley gives you dead ends on certain floors.)

can only access to the forward dining room by the forward elevator. the mid ship elevator takes you through the back door of the dining room

deck 5 goes all the way through if you find yourself lost.

• 5 weeks later...
My cabin of choice for this ship is 7411

(the one next to it holds 4 people as well)

deck 7 is the best deck on a ship. you are between cabin space and away from public areas. With my choice of cabin i can get to the stairs / elevators quickly-- up two decks for food and pools down two decks for entertainment with little travel. I have no across the hall neighbors. (this is where they store the fire doors)

IF you get the aft dining room-- you can only access the dining room using the aft elevator.. (the galley gives you dead ends on certain floors.)

can only access to the forward dining room by the forward elevator. the mid ship elevator takes you through the back door of the dining room

deck 5 goes all the way through if you find yourself lost.

We are booked on Carnival Glory for January 2016. I conducted my cabin research here and on various cabin photo websites, and opted for a balcony cabin on Empress deck 7 for many of the reasons you stated. Being close to the food isn't a big deal for us as we are both pretty mobile and can get to the food if/when we need it, but being close to the water, sandwiched between cabin decks, and centrally located up/down the decks is key. Carnival offered me an upsell to a Panorama deck balcony cabin and I declined. Didn't want to be that high up, or that far forward, until we sail in a 6K on Conquest later next year.

I've noticed that sometimes the cabins the cruiseline considers to be an "upgrade" aren't always an upgrade in the mind of the cruiser (me!) Another example: Grand class ships on Princess, the covered minisuites on the Emerald deck are category ME and minisuite goes all the way "up" to MA for a midship on a higher deck. An exposed balcony on Dolphin is considered by the cruiseline to be an "upgrade" from the covered balconies on Emerald, but not to me! When I snagged an Emerald minisuite I had Princess mark our reservation "Do Not Upgrade". I wonder if I should do something similar for our Glory balcony. Those Panorama cabins are still available and I am still not interested.....

Edited by undercat

. I wonder if I should do something similar for our Glory balcony. Those Panorama cabins are still available and I am still not interested.....

Its VERY rare for carnival to upgrade a person that has a selected cabin.

They give upgrades to those who booked guaranteed OR call people for selected upgrades for a fee of course.

Its VERY rare for carnival to upgrade a person that has a selected cabin.

They give upgrades to those who booked guaranteed OR call people for selected upgrades for a fee of course.

Thanks, this is good to know! As of now I prefer to research and select my own cabin at booking rather than roll the dice with a guarantee. I figure, might as well pick the cabin I want and if I get a chance to upsell or upgrade later, all the better - otherwise I'm happy with what I picked.

In my case I would have entertained a better upsell, but it's moot now because the suites are now sold out on our sailing. I was willing to pay for the OS upsell, just not full-fare-difference pay. :D