Quad on NCL Dawn

Beach Mama3

Quad question!!

We previously sailed on Carnival Pride last year in a quad balcony. The way that Carnival set up the quad was very spacious; the couch turned into a bed and a top bunk pulled out from the wall on top of the couch and the two singles became a queen. Enough floor room to navigate.

We are about the book the NCL Dawn for a Bermuda to Boston trip and I keep hearing horror stories about the way the quads are set up. I have heard about a trundle and then about 4 twins on the floor or just one upper leaving absolutely NO floor space to move about the cabin.

Has anyone travelled on the Dawn in a quad and can show me a picture?? I need to know what to request before we book.

Added note - this time the Dawn in an inside (unfortunately). No balcony for this cruise. :(

Thanks!

Beach Mama3

Our NCL Gem OV had two beds together and a trundle along side. Wall to wall beds. The fourth bed came down over the queen creating a cave like sleeping arrangement. We have booked several quads -carnival and celebrity have best balcony set ups. I love my kids but it is cozy. One cruise they actually offered the connecting room for $300 extra on a 14 day cruise. Best money spent. Tried same request on NCL Gem -no way over 2000$ so we were cozy. Best deal was carnival legend. They have connecting balcony to inside rooms all the way forward. Perfect for family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So we did the Dawn Sept 2012 Boston to Quebec.

We had previously cruised with RCCL in Alaska--Balcony cabin...just the 2 of us.

That trip we had 2 kids in tow...ages 6 and 4.

We had an OV picture window. We had the steward set up the room in an "U" shape. There was 1 fold down bunk and 3 beds. It is better than having the wall of 3 beds where you have to climb in and out.

I don't have a pic I can post but various searches will show what I am talking about. The night stands are removed. We basically slept in the room and bathed. Beyond that...kids were in the club, eating, wandering around or off the boat exploring. We used a shoe rack door organizer to keep kids toys/batteries etc....

And in 2 weeks I am trying a last minute Inside on the NCL Star...hoping they will allow the same set up!

I think that is what we will do if we do not get a room with TWO pullmans. That is what I requested and NCL is trying to honour that, but I am prepared for the 'sea of beds". U shape seems like the best option.

I did find photos of that set up online - and a crazy Youtube video.

I miss my balcony already...

Thanks for the tip.