Fall colours Sep 13 - 20???

ish drakes

Hi,

I am thinking about booking a 1 week cruise on Carnival starting Sep 13, 2014, visiting Boston, MA; Portland, ME; Saint John, NB, Canada; Halifax, NS, Canada.

I am really interested in seeing some fall colours but I am fearful that I may be going up too early. Unfortunately, I can't go any later due to commitments at work.

Should I postpone until I can go in October? Or will it still be worth it to go in September?

Thanks

Sept. 13 is too early for peak foliage color.

Generally, foliage peaks in New England in Mid-October. Here's an interactive map that shows how the color rolls across New England:

http://www.yankeefoliage.com/peak-foliage-forecast-map/

Here's the peak foliage info for Canada (from http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/02...-across-canada ):

Quebec - End of September to mid-to-late October

New Brunswick - Early October

Nova Scotia - Late September through early October

Prince Edward island - Mid-September to the end of October

Newfoundland - Late September to early October

Sept. 13 is too early for peak foliage color.

Generally, foliage peaks in New England in Mid-October. Here's an interactive map that shows how the color rolls across New England:

http://www.yankeefoliage.com/peak-foliage-forecast-map/

Here's the peak foliage info for Canada (from http://www.torontosun.com/2013/10/02...-across-canada ):

Quebec - End of September to mid-to-late October

New Brunswick - Early October

Nova Scotia - Late September through early October

Prince Edward island - Mid-September to the end of October

Newfoundland - Late September to early October

Oh :(

Would it still be a great experience? Or should I wait until I can go during peak time?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh :(

Would it still be a great experience? Or should I wait until I can go during peak time?

Thanks

It all depends upon how important it is to you to see peak foliage. We did a Canada/New England cruise September 18-25, 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The scenery is spectacular no matter what color the leaves are, and many trees are evergreens. The weather is warmer in September than in October, which was a bonus, too! It turned out to be one of our favorite cruises.

Mary

It all depends upon how important it is to you to see peak foliage. We did a Canada/New England cruise September 18-25, 2013 and thoroughly enjoyed it. The scenery is spectacular no matter what color the leaves are, and many trees are evergreens. The weather is warmer in September than in October, which was a bonus, too! It turned out to be one of our favorite cruises.

Mary

Warmer? Are we talking like summer like? Or in between cool and cold?

Warmer? Are we talking like summer like? Or in between cool and cold?

Weather can fluctuate a lot in September and October in New England and Canada. Bringing clothes that you can layer works well. During our September cruise, there were times when I wore capris and short sleeve shirts and my husband wore shorts and polo shirts; however, there were times when we wore long pants and long-sleeve shirts or 3/4 length sleeve shirts, and a sweatshirt, sweater, or light jacket. As New Englanders, the weather felt warm to chilly to us; however, we saw people from Florida or Southern states who felt that it was cold and wore warmer jackets.

Weather can fluctuate a lot in September and October in New England and Canada. Bringing clothes that you can layer works well. During our September cruise, there were times when I wore capris and short sleeve shirts and my husband wore shorts and polo shirts; however, there were times when we wore long pants and long-sleeve shirts or 3/4 length sleeve shirts, and a sweatshirt, sweater, or light jacket. As New Englanders, the weather felt warm to chilly to us; however, we saw people from Florida or Southern states who felt that it was cold and wore warmer jackets.

Oh ok, thanks. Hoping for some cooler temperatures as I'm coming from warmer climates