"Guarantee" room gets decided when?

Elroy

At what point do we get assigned the actual cabin? Check in, or is potentially earlier? Thanks!

Typically about 10 days out - but can be earlier...or as late as check in.....welcome to the club of 'compulsively checking the Voyage Personaliser'!

Typically about 10 days out - but can be earlier...or as late as check in.

Our cabin number appeared on the voyage personaliser about 4 weeks before our cruise.

Now you see why:

welcome to the club of 'compulsively checking the Voyage Personaliser'!

Thanks! I'm on a Sep 10th cruise, would be interesting to know our cabin sooner rather than later.

It's my first cruise ever, 12 nights on the QM2. Should I bring a tuxedo and dinner jacket? Not really my style, but I've got a tuxedo from my wedding a year ago.

Dressing for dinner on the QM2 is like dressing for dinner ten years ago in the USA when you went out to a nice restaurant. A jacket and tie was always required then and you really should wear at least a jacket if not jacket and tie every night on the QM2. Even for casual night I felt uncomfortable not wearing a jacket as the majority on men wore jackets every night. A 12 night cruise may have three formal nights where tuxes are worn by the majority.

steve

Archived