QM2 cabin question

starcraft

Hello again,

yesterday I booked our cruise for 2009. It is going to the Caribbean onboard QM2. It is a ten day voyage, so we decided not to sped that much money on a balcony cabin.

We booked D6 cabin 5045. Do you think that this chioce is ok? there are several cabins left, but it is difficult to select one.

What do you think about the deck? Would you prefer deck 4 instead of deck 5. I tried to find a cabin that is located almost midships. But let`s see what you think of it.

Regards

Thorsten

5045 is almost fully forward. Not that it matters with a Caribbean, the seas should be calm.

I know budget was a factor, but I think you may rue the decision not to go for a balcony cabin. There is nothing nicer than sitting on the balcony, having a drink after a day "touristing".

However, I am sure that you will enjoy yourself!

I stayed in an inside cabin on a Caribbean cruise and it was perfectly fine. Even though sitting on a balcony is certainly nice there are so many open space as well as seats by windows that having an inside cabin does not restrict the enjoyment of the sea.

Having been on the QM2 before you know what you are using the cabin for and what you want to do on board.

Deck 5 might be even better than deck 4 as you have passenger cabins above and below you yet I also had no noise problems on deck four. My cabin was about as far forward as yours - again no problems regarding movement or whatever.

Thus I think there is nothing wrong with your value based choice.

Archived