Advice needed. Reading bad reviews. Considering Costa for first time.

Lilystar

What a shame and how inconsiderate of Costa to loose the Concordia and spoil your planned cruise.

Shame and inconsiderate is how I would describe your message. Not a word about the 32 poor souls who lost their lives and will never be able to cruise again or hold their loved ones in their arms.

Give me a break.

This message shows the bad side of cruising today, the me, me, me, ideology and **** (I put the starsi n and I didn't want my message to be deleted) the rest.

Ron

Then that speaks volume of the person you are. Should I have started the reply to the post by saying don't sail Costa because 32 people lost their lives. Or should I have started the post by saluting these people. Or should everyone be remembering these people when they cruise, may be some do, may be some do not. You'd never know what I do. So you don't know me so you should have kept the opinion for yourself. Ask yourself, what have you done for these poor souls? true perhaps part of that post was not part of the original question but that does not give you the right to judge me. Can I ask what have you done for the missing Malaysia flight? Probably nothing except for discussing it with other people. Does it give me or anyone else the right to judge you? Does it mean nobody should ever complain about Malaysia airline? Enough said.

For your comfort:

I'm a native german speaker (and my parents as well). They love Costa

(I think they went at least 25 times with them). We don't speak Italian and my parents don't even speak English. Costa is far better with foreign languages speakers then any other cruise company (in my opinion). Most of them only feature english.

I can agree with some comentary. But others are just wrong.

Costa is Italian by name and nature and tradition, but is owned by

Carnival Cruises.

English among the crew is much more spoken then any other languages.

Waiters often come from India, the Philipines or South America and they really struggle more with the pure italian speakers then with English.

Only the highranking officers are pure italians and most of the animation staff. But they make an effort to do their things (like trivia, games and other stuff) in French, German and English as well (they sometimes ask if there are peoples of foreign languages and will translate accordingly). Also their will be an english Ambassador which will translate everything the captain has to say.

Land Excursions are also divided with languages and if there are too few people speaking english you might do your tour with another group and the guide will speak both languages. Sometimes even the english Ambassador will join the tour.

Menus are available in English, the daily programm which will be delivered every night to your cabin will be in English. You will be seated with other english native speakers at dinner. (Last year I travelled on my own and was seated with 6 others from Switzerland; that's where I'm from)

And after all, on Costa you got the flair of Italy which is somehow unique.

Edited by onyx007

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...