SECOND Best Beach for Toddlers?

NewSalt

We were excited to see that Le Galion was recommended for little ones as we'll be visiting St. Martin with our DD and DSIL and their two children who are 4 and 1. Unfortunately, our ship will be there on Monday, and I've just read that Le Galion is closed on Mondays so there will not be any restrooms, food, or beach chairs available.

Any suggestions for another beach that would be suitable for young children?

We were excited to see that Le Galion was recommended for little ones as we'll be visiting St. Martin with our DD and DSIL and their two children who are 4 and 1. Unfortunately, our ship will be there on Monday, and I've just read that Le Galion is closed on Mondays so there will not be any restrooms, food, or beach chairs available.

Any suggestions for another beach that would be suitable for young children?

The beach is open 7 days a week but the restaurant with the chair rentals is only open seven days a week from December until May ( not sure of the exact dates). In the off season they close on Monday.

My second choice would be Anse Marcel. My third choice would be Pinel Island.

Thanks for your reply. Back problems make chair rental a must as sitting in the sand is not possible.

I appreciate the fact that you took time to share your knowledge.

:) To get Pinel Island you have to take a small ferry boat over to the island which may also be an issue for someone with a back problem. Anse Marcel is a good 30 minute car ride or longer with steep hills and turns but its a beautiful beach with everything that you are looking for.

For a close beach that is safe for kids I would recommend Little Bay.

We wwere in St. Maarten last September on a cruise and going back again this September. We did orient beach with our 3.5 yr old and we all loved it. It doesn't seem like many recommend that beach for little ones but we had a good time. Trying to decide if we should go back or try another beach. Thinking of doing the butterfly farm and the little bay if they are close enough/do able. If any knows it would be appreciated :)

We wwere in St. Maarten last September on a cruise and going back again this September. We did orient beach with our 3.5 yr old and we all loved it. It doesn't seem like many recommend that beach for little ones but we had a good time. Trying to decide if we should go back or try another beach. Thinking of doing the butterfly farm and the little bay if they are close enough/do able. If any knows it would be appreciated :)

Orient is a great beach. It often is waveier than what little children like.

Le Galion is a 5 minute walk from the Butterfly Farm. This is a perfect combination for a family with young children IMO.