First time to San Juan (2 day stay)

Texasgalsa

Need ideas on what to do in San Juan and where to eat?! We plan on spending most of the day in the town before getting on our cruise and then the whole day when we come back. Will be staying in Condado the first day before going to the ship and OSJ when we come back... It's going to be myself, my fiancé and our 10 yr old daughter. Appreciate the help!!! :)

If you are going to be there to wander around in Old San Juan for a day before your cruise.... I would definitely go tour the forts or at least one of them. They are fantastic. Also take time wandering the streets in Old San Juan. There is so much old world charm there it is hard to describe. As far as food is concerned.... there are some great street vendors with great food. There are also some good restaurants... Barrachinas, Café Mallorcas, are a couple with some claim to fame...the first place of Pina Coladas, and the breakfast haven of Mallorcas respectively. I know there a lot more.... but I cant remember them all. We like to go to a little place called Los Pinos over in Condado by the Marriot. If you are looking for other things to do... rent a car and drive to El Yunque, hike around then go to the Bio bay at night to kayak. That is an experience you will never regret or forget. There are some really fun things to do in Puerto Rico. You will get plenty of better beach opportunities on the Valor in the Southern Caribbean. Take some time and explore the island and enjoy the people and culture.