Thomson Select your seats

Have just read on FB that if you have paid for this option Thomson don't let you book an aisle and middle seat together - can anyone confirm if this is correct or not , as neither my wife or i like to be by a window hence why i decided to select this option and my booking form states "Select your own seats"

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Just heard back from Thomsons and indeed they charge you to select your seats and then put a retriction on the configuration you can book , there lovely glossy webpage dedicated to "select your seat" doesn't state this - mis-selling surely ??

Have just read on FB that if you have paid for this option Thomson don't let you book an aisle and middle seat together - can anyone confirm if this is correct or not , as neither my wife or i like to be by a window hence why i decided to select this option and my booking form states "Select your own seats"

Any feedback would be appreciated.

My husband and I went on the dreamliner to the caribean with Thompson's and we chosen eats across from one an other

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think this is a change that may have happened recently. We booked our May seats ok across the aisle from each other, but the problem seems to be for those who want an aisle and middle seat. Some are finding they are not allowed now as window seats are getting left isolated and therefore difficult to fill.

I think this is a change that may have happened recently. We booked our May seats ok across the aisle from each other, but the problem seems to be for those who want an aisle and middle seat. Some are finding they are not allowed now as window seats are getting left isolated and therefore difficult to fill.

Thats defeats the purpose of charging you ro select your seats , our preference is always middle and aisle - no matter what airline , Thomsons are the only airline that we have encountered that don't allow it - so potentially i could be paying to select seats i don't want or like , i am a nervous flyer and i don't like to be near any windows and without sounding too wossie i like having my wife right beside me rather than across an aisle :(

They will only let you select seats subject to various terms and conditions eg no mobility impaired or young children in exit seats etc and I can understand why they have stopped allowing people to book your preferred arrangement but that should be stated as presently it is technically a misrepresentation as it stands. If you were to complain, the best Thomson could do is possibly consider is to give you a refund for your "select a seat" cost but unless you can prove that the basis of your booking was the flight seat arrangement and you had it confirmed as possible before you booked the cruise and can provide proof then there is nothing else you can do. In the end the options in future would be cruise only and fly with Monarch or Jet2 or someone who offers you your seating choice.

In conclusion Thomson need to make it clear that seats B and C ( middle and aisle ) can not be booked in isolation unless someone has already booked seat A on that row for example. You may be very lucky and see the seat plan and see someone has booked to be in seat A with seats B and C not sat in and could book those two. Not very likely though.

sorry to hear that this will impact at least on the start of and end of your holiday.

can you not book 2 seats in the middle isle?

longhaul configurations in economy are: 2 3 2, 2 4 2 or 3 3 3 depending on aircraft

Thomson long haul are mainly 2 -4 -2 so you can book an aisle and one next to it in the middle seating section. They do have a few 2 -3 -2 and you could do the same in the centre only. No Thomson Airways planes have 3 3 3 now.

All short and medium haul ( up to Egypt and Cape Verde ) are 3 -3.

Good suggestion !!

Edited by Huddersfieldtourist

can you not book 2 seats in the middle isle?

longhaul configurations in economy are: 2 3 2, 2 4 2 or 3 3 3 depending on aircraft

i could but having been unfortunately stuck in the middle of the centre configuration for a 12 hour + flight to/from Japan in the past and also the aisle in the middle (with wife in the middle) to the US its not ideal to be honest , however after paying my £60 something quid i suppose i'll just have to settle for a seat i don't want and would never have paid for

dreamliner does

Yes you're right and I should have remembered as I have been on the Dreamliner twice already !! :o

So yes just the Dreamliner where I guess you could book two of the 3 middle seats including one aisle seat.

The issue is the outer seating not the centre for all long haul aircraft but for short haul it is a non starter !

Thanks Iain1873, looks like the 767S are either 2-3-2 or 2-4-2, I need to try booking my seats earlier than the 90 day thingmemajig, as we go our Med cruise the day we should book our seat for January , maybe you can do it for us LOL :D

Thanks Iain1873, looks like the 767S are either 2-3-2 or 2-4-2, I need to try booking my seats earlier than the 90 day thingmemajig, as we go our Med cruise the day we should book our seat for January , maybe you can do it for us LOL :D

Don't think they'll let you book before the 90 days , I think it's about 22nd Oct we can book the seats as it's 90 days before your return flight , am also sure Thomson advised that the 767 would be the 2-3-2 configuration (283 seats I think)

since they started taking delivery of their dreamliners only 5 of thomson B767's are active....

3 are 2 3 2 config (most likely)

one is 2 4 2 (this is often the 'spare/rescue' aircraft that they keep parked up somewhere)

one is all economy 2 4 2 (they dont usually fly this one on long haul)

Don't think they'll let you book before the 90 days , I think it's about 22nd Oct we can book the seats as it's 90 days before your return flight , am also sure Thomson advised that the 767 would be the 2-3-2 configuration (283 seats I think)

Check out trip advisor, some people have been able to book 110 days before outgoing flight, and some before even paying final payment.:cool:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7520303-o140-Just_booked_Dreamliner_seats_90_days_before_OUTBOUND_Flight-Air_Travel.html#60162674

Edited by Tina.w12