ziptransfers barcelona port

mom+3boys

Going to try this again.....Very new to Cruise Critic and I'm unable to find all the helpful suggestions that everyone gave to me in a previous post for help. Now I need to ask again...Is it reasonable for me to request the Ziptransfer van (I've decided to go through them for private transportation) to be at the Barcelona port at 8:15am to pick us up. We are going to do "early walk off" with our luggage in tow. Is it reasonable to think that we will start heading off the ship at 7:30am, get through customs in a decent amount of time and get out to the van by 8:15am ish? I do not want them to have to wait too long for us but we are under a tight time constraint to drop off luggage to Hotel Colon then over to Park Guell for a 10am tour.

Edited by mom+3boys

I think it's very reasonable as the ship docks at 5am. I'm meeting my tour at 8am and have no qualms. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at the disembarkation times.

I'm scanning the the ports of Call threads for you - there may be some more info there

Thank you again Corinda! I believe you replied last time I posted. You are on the Royal coming into Barcelona on June 25th correct? If you are, we hope to meet up with you at some point. I appreciate your quick response! I'm booking Ziptransfers right now!

:) yup that's me! From the look of the barcelona board - barcelona is a very well run port and we should be able to be off the ship by an appropriate time for our tours to start.

Another thing that gives me a good feeling about the timing is that the tour company I am dealing with has experience with the cruises so I don't think they would start a tour unless they were reasonably certain that the passengers would be able to make it.

When are you boarding June 4, 11 or 18?

Ahhh yes Corinda the chubby blonde with the tiara right? We are boarding on June 18th. Spending 3 nights in Rome on the front end and 3 nights in Barcelona on the back end. We can't wait!!!! Very exciting as we have 20 friends and family members joining us for the trip and a couple of additional just hanging out in Rome with us! We will be looking for that tiara! There are plenty of chubby blondes including me so the tiara is key! Btw....what is Roll Call and is it something I need to sign up for? Thanks again and see you in a few weeks! When does your cruise begin?

That sounds like a fantastic family adventure! I'll be boarding on June 11 in Athens - and you can also find me at crooners before dinner reading from my hot pink kindle :)

Roll call is another section of the boards where you can meet up and chat with others on your specific cruise. I've attached the link to the June 18 roll call - but I also suggest you check out the June 11 departure. It's got a lot of info. See you on the 18th!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2253710