25th Wedding Anniversary Cruise.

dhudd

Hello everyone. We've just returned for a wonderful 14 day trip to Hawaii. We flew to Honolulu Hawaii and stayed at the Hale Koa Military Hotel located in Waikiki Beach. If your a Retired , Active and or Reserve Military person, I highly recommend staying there. We had an ocean view balcony room. And every morning we awoke to the outstanding view of Waikiki Beach. After a few days of playing tourist, paying our respects at the USS Arizona Memorial and spending the entire day at the Polynesian Cultural Center,(highly recommend). We boarded the cruise ship, the MS NCL Pride of America for a 7 day cruise to 4 different Islands. The ship was very nice and the food was very good. We selected the three specialty Dinner package and had three great meals. We reserved a balcony stateroom so I was able to shoot almost 2000 photos. We then departed the ship after the cruise was over and made our way back to Waikiki Beach, to the Hale Koa Hotel for a few more days of just relaxing. We had a blast...

Glad you had a great cruise! We will be on the POA in March, first cruise after the dry dock.

Did you hear any conversation about planned changes or updates to the ship? I read elsewhere that the Cadillac Diner will be gone, maybe changed to O'Sheehans.

We spent several days at the Hale Koa Hotel and weren't able to attend the Luau. The Luau is only on Saturday and we were aboard the ship then. The buffet in the hotel is quite fancy. There are also a couple other restaurants on the hotel grounds too. We ate at Bibas most of the time. It was a bit pricey too. The hotel doesn't have any room service at all. We did attend 2 different Luaus during our various shore excursions. We always received preferred seating due to my wife is handicapped.

I ran into the ship's Captain up on deck one day. We spoke briefly regarding the ship's refit. He said to me that all of the restaurants will be refit and or rehabbed. The ship will receive all new paint, carpet and all of the hot tubs will be replaced. The engines will be refit too. He also told me that the ship will only be in the yards for about 21 days. Bon Voyage!

Thanks everyone. I booked our reservations at the Hale Koa exactly one year in advance. Our room was wonderful. We had an ocean view and a balcony that included 2 chairs and a small table. Great for having some of those "Adult Beverages" while watching a spectacular sunset every night. (I tried to upload some attached photos, but this web site was unable to comply). The Hale Koa has many different places to eat. One night we purchased tickets to the "Comedy Club". That Comedian was really funny and good. Hope that you enjoy...

Aloha & Mahalo...