texting on the ship ?

bigles

who can tell me about whether you can send texts between phones while on Pacific pearl?

I note the company promotes its "advanced wireless system " that cruisers can use while on board.

My phone and my wifes phons as well, have "Whats App" loaded on them which allows us to send texts as data while connected to WIFI systems (such as the ship apparently has ) there no text charges when sent as data. We use the app all the time.

So, can you send texts to the ships wifi or cell tower while on board or is it actually a text to a satellite connection and therefore expensive?

cheers

les

you would have to buy the wifi package on board and I think it is only 1 connection per login, so x2. On top of this, it is charged by the minute still (i think).

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if they have it on the Pearl too, but on Aria you can buy a number of internet packages based on data usage. There is an unlimited one for $89 and I think you can have up to two or three devices on the same code. This would allow you to still use things like WhatsApp and iMessage etc...