What to wear to and from the pool(s)?

e.durban

Sounds silly, but I'm curious. Our previous QM2 cruise was too short and cold for pools to be much of an issue, but what does a person wear while strolling from his/her room to the pool and back? On normal cruise ships, it's acceptable to step into the old flip-flops, throw a t-shirt over the swimsuit and stroll the corridors. Somehow can't imagine doing this on the Mary. Yet, somehow, it must be going on...Hmm...

Why not your bathrobe - T shirt over swimming costume doesn't sound too good. Why flip flops why not some casual clothes. I am not a swimmer, but i would have thought QM2 would have had changing facilities at the pool. Perhaps someonr else can help you with that problem.

From observations on the QE2 last year - A beach robe over the bathing suit works very nicely and most of the ladies seemed to have some sort of a beach type sandle some even had heeled open toed sandles for the walking back and forth. Other used a wraparound type skirt with a nice blousy blouse. All very elegant but light weight so easy to pack.

As for the gents, seems that a pair of docker shoes and a beach robe did the trick.

However, there were changing facilities right by the pool if none of the above works for you.

Archived