Enrichment program on QM2 Caribbean voyage?

jonmar

I have just checked Cunard's website for some intel on enrichment programs for April 2. It appears there is merely a 'book club' Can anyone that has taken a Caribbean cruise onboard QM2 advise if this is likely the extent of the onboard programs to be offered. My wife and I were looking forward to attending a couple lectures as in the past.

I have just checked Cunard's website for some intel on enrichment programs for April 2. It appears there is merely a 'book club' Can anyone that has taken a Caribbean cruise onboard QM2 advise if this is likely the extent of the onboard programs to be offered. My wife and I were looking forward to attending a couple lectures as in the past.

There will be some sort of lectures. It may not be as "highbrow" as a crossing. On our Panama cruise, we had a fellow who worked for a TV news, and a fe others who, while not "fluff" weren't (IMHO) the caliber that is usually found on a crossing. Maybe they think the in the heat they don't want to work our brain cells so hard!

Karie,

who isn't booked for croosing OR Caribbean!

there is always someone giving a presentation of interest even if not announced prior to sailing!! last december i was told Dr Ruth was on board for the southern caribbe cruise,and gave a lecture which was enjoyed by all!!!

On our southern Caribbean sailing on 12/30, the enrichment program included three lectures on antiques (silver, jewelry, and furniture, I believe) - the jewelry lecture was very interesting - and a lecture on Atlantic crossings.

Although we can't complain about the quality of those lectures, I do have to say that we were somewhat dissapointed, especially the men in our group who were not really interested in the antiques lectures.

Bottom line is if the reason you are choosing Cunard is for the Enrichment program, I would not do a Caribbean itinerary.

Bottom line is if the reason you are choosing Cunard is for the Enrichment program, I would not do a Caribbean itinerary.

I second this statement. On our Carribean Cruise I would call the enrichment program almost non-existent. Absolutely disappointing compared to what I am used from the QE2 and read as available on QM2 crossings.

Just picking a program from a random day it lists two lectures about the spa, one about jewellery and one about port shopping - not exactly enriching in my view.

"Absolutely disappointing compared to what ...... is available on QM2 crossings."

May be so, but it's he same for the April 30 crossingis, merely a 'book club'.

Could it be it's too early?

Btw, during my 2005 Caribbean cruise, they had some very interesting lectures.

The antiques lecturer was listed several weeks in advance to our 12/30 Caribbean itinerary (I believe we knew by November) , so it shouldn't be too early to see what will be offerred on your April voyage.

The book club offering for our voyage was "The Devil Wears Prada". Another disapointment considering the book had been out for probably 2 years at that point and the movie was already out on DVD.

Archived