Any Tabyana and/or Maya Key reviews from recent cruisers?

2boymomtx

Visited Maya Key in 2009 when it was Fins & Feathers and being 1st time snorkelers, we loved it. We are taking our teenage sons back to Roatan this Thanksgiving and are wondering if it still is same simple place to just walk out into water or if things have changed?

Have also heard great things about Tabyana. Suggestions, reviews, good for teenagers?? We are simple so just want to get in water and search around :)

Thank you!

Visited Maya Key in 2009 when it was Fins & Feathers and being 1st time snorkelers, we loved it. We are taking our teenage sons back to Roatan this Thanksgiving and are wondering if it still is same simple place to just walk out into water or if things have changed?

Have also heard great things about Tabyana. Suggestions, reviews, good for teenagers?? We are simple so just want to get in water and search around :)

Thank you!

Also, interested in Tabyana thanks for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

Tabyana is what the cruise ships call their little section of West Bay Beach. The beach has quite a few resorts, including Infinity Bay, Bananarama, and Mayan Princess. The resorts have restaurants, tiki bars, and plenty of loungers... but the world class snorkeling depends on the weather (like all diving does ;)). The beach is quite pretty, and if the weather is good, the snorkeling right from shore can't be beaten. West Bay Beach is the reason Roatan is my favorite port of call! :cool:

It depends on what your really looking for. Maya Key is a private island, with no vendors hustling you, and a nice beach. While Tabyana is part of West Bay Beach it is public, and a very pretty beach. West Bay has lot's of Restaurants and Bars to choose from, Maya Key has only a buffet lunch, and it does have a bar with good drinks and fair prices, I've been to MK and Tabyana and they are both nice. Snorkeling I think may be a better at Maya Key, but I do agree with Armedaneian that the weather will play a roll in either places for snorkeling.

• 2 weeks later...