Mi Dushi Catamaran Question

Brian918

Hello everyone,

We are taking a Carnival cruise (wife, myself and 12/15 yo boys) next year with a 1PM-10PM stop in Aruba. Usually when on vacation, we book a sail / snorkel trip on a "party boat" type catamaran. We don't want anything super crazy with our two boys, but some rum punch and dancing is fun after the usual snorkeling portion. We would prefer that to the alternative "quiet" wind in the sails only trips.

After basic research on here, I had thought the Mi Dushi would be the boat for us. However, I have since noticed that they are listed in the Carnival excursion list as well. Would they even allow us to book independently with them? Will the catamaran be packed with the cruise ship excursion? Are there any other catamaran type boats we should consider in this port?

Very last question....we could always do this in Curacao or Grand Turk if those are better options for a boat day. Planning on 1 boat day and 2 beach days. Wide open to any suggestions at this point.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

While it's not a catamaran, I really really enjoyed the Jolly Pirate. They have a fun vibe, yummie rum drinks, and a super fun rope swing. I would definitely sail with them again!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147248-d1013414-Reviews-Jolly_Pirates_Cruises-Oranjestad_Aruba.html

If you are only going to snorkel in one port, I would recommend doing it in Aruba. You have one of the largest shipwrecks in the Caribbean (the WWII German ship the Antilla), which is a nice change of pace from your normal coral reefs

Edited by laurabegorrah

Thank you for your advice. I had read up on the Jolly Pirates excursion. While we would prefer a catamaran, I'm not totally against their "Schooner" type ship. My main concern with their tour was they start their snorkel tour at 2PM. With a 1PM port time, I'm not sure we can make it there in time. I sent an email several days ago, but have not gotten a response yet.

Brian

• 11 months later...