Walking from the Hilton in Galveston..where can I go?

KOOLBEANS

Ok, I am booked with the Hilton and will not have wheels, what all can I walk to? One place I am really interested in dining is..

The Spot..can I walk there from the Hilton?

What else is walkable....I can't remember!:rolleyes:

Thanks so much, hope I get lots of replies..:)

Ok, I am booked with the Hilton and will not have wheels, what all can I walk to? One place I am really interested in dining is..

The Spot..can I walk there from the Hilton?

What else is walkable....I can't remember!:rolleyes:

Thanks so much, hope I get lots of replies..:)

We stayed at the Hilton and decided to walk to The Spot. It really was a bad idea. It was a long walk with nothing to look at. The food was good and we took a taxi back to the hotel. Swim up pool bar was great at the hotel! Have a nice cruise. :)

Landry's Seafood restaurant is right next door to the Hilton. I love their crab cakes at Landry's. The San Luis Resort is just a block away. They have a good restaurant there also but it will be more expensive than Landry's. The beach is usually also nice across the street from the Hilton and The San Luis, but has suffered some damage from Ike. They've been doing a lot of work on the beach so maybe it's recovered enough for you to also hang out on the beach for a while.

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but the Rainforest Cafe is located close by. Of course, it's a bit loud for my taste, but great if you have kids.

Another option is renting those tandem bicycles. I know they have a another name, but there are several places along Seawall Blvd. where you can rent them. I've always wanted to do that and never have.

I believe Wal-Mart might be in close proximity too.

We have stayed at the Hilton several times and it is a nice place. I assume you are taking a cruise, so be sure and sign up to take the shuttle to the terminal.

Archived