Loosening of Discharge Rules

hawaiilvr

Hopefully, the cruise lines will take a principaled stand and refuse to take advantage of it. I don't know if they lobbied for this or it was a gift bestowed by the Legislature. It won't affect the rule prohibiting discharges in Glacier Bay as it's a national park.

Hopefully, the cruise lines will take a principaled stand and refuse to take advantage of it. I don't know if they lobbied for this or it was a gift bestowed by the Legislature. It won't affect the rule prohibiting discharges in Glacier Bay as it's a national park.

It may be because of laundry issues as Penny Said, but I can guarantee that our legislature never gives gifts to anybody.

Right now they are talking about a $2 billion tax break for the oil companies. That "gift" has been well paid for through contributions....

To paraphrase Will Rogers, we have the best legislature that money can buy....;):eek::mad::(:rolleyes:

From friends who take cruises, I hear that they tour the ship's waste systems and get the full sell of what a great job the companies are doing. Too bad the heavy metals such as copper aren't visible in water. Thanks, I'll take a few soap suds over that.

It is rather odd how impassioned Republican representatives from places like Eagle River, neither on the ocean or in an area which gets cruiseship passengers, feel about this issue.

Archived