Galveston Luggage Drop-off

Angelboys3

We cruise in 2 weeks and I was wondering what time the porters start accepting luggage (not asking about check-in times). We have cruised out of Galveston twice before but have always arrived after 10:30 or so, so it wasn't an issue. This time we will be picking up my mom and sister from their cruise and swapping kids prior to our cruise. We want to go ahead and drop our bag off before exploring the area prior to checking in since we will not have a car once we do the swap. Thanks!

Although it has been 4 years since we cruised from Galveston, we always dropped off our luggage between 9 and 9:30 am. For our upcoming cruise, I got an email that said we would be able to enter the terminal at 10 our designated check in time. Therefore, I would assume that we would be able to drop off luggage between 9 and 9:30, in order to get back from the parking lot by 10. Just an assumption on my part, but we are going to try to go in at 9 am in 2 weeks.

I found another post from February on this board that said they believed it to be between 9:30 and 10.

Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Freedom April 23. We arrived at the terminal at 9 am with hardly any traffic. Asked a porter what time we could drop our bags and he said he would take them right then. However, we parked in Port Authority parking and they did not open until 9:30 or 9:45.

I see the OP was sailing about the same time as we did, however, maybe this will be of benefit to someone else.

• 3 weeks later...
We were on the Freedom April 23. We arrived at the terminal at 9 am with hardly any traffic. Asked a porter what time we could drop our bags and he said he would take them right then. However, we parked in Port Authority parking and they did not open until 9:30 or 9:45.

I see the OP was sailing about the same time as we did, however, maybe this will be of benefit to someone else.

We will be sailing on the Freedom in November and it looks like boarding the ship will leave at 4pm. So, I am guessing boarding will start around 1pm maybe? Anyway, we will be checking out of the hotel at 11am and we wanted to leave our luggage at the pier, park the car and have some lunch and ice cream at the strand. Is it possible to drop off the luggage at around 11am? I see you dropped them off alot earlier, but was the ship leaving at the same time as ours?