Autoprogreso tour: Merida on Foot

PolybiusSquare

I am going to do the "Merida on Foot" tour, where basically, the bus drops you off in Merida, gives you a map, and lets you loose.

Do you know where the bus drops you off, so I can start looking at it on Google Maps and trying to find interesting things to do in walking distance from there? Any must-see recommendations in the area? Thanks!

I am going to do the "Merida on Foot" tour, where basically, the bus drops you off in Merida, gives you a map, and lets you loose.

Do you know where the bus drops you off, so I can start looking at it on Google Maps and trying to find interesting things to do in walking distance from there? Any must-see recommendations in the area? Thanks!

It should be in the main square. "Plaza Grande". It is surrounded by many historic buildings; Catedral de Merida, Olimpio Center and the Municipal Palace

I believe the bus Autoprogreso sends you on on the "Merida By Foot" is their city bus which runs to and from Merida and Progreso all day. That bus drops you off about two blocks south of the plaza, easy walk. Do a google search for "grupo autoprogreso" and click on the map. There is a great shopping area a couple blocks east of the terminal as well. We toured Merida a couple years ago and loved it. Have fun!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We did this tour a few years ago. This is a city bus that the locals use for transportation. You will make a lot of stops going and coming picking up and letting off people. It lets you of at the bus terminal about 2 blocks from the center of town. We went back to the bus terminal when we were finished and they put us on the next bus back to Progreso. Be sure to budget your time for the trip back and allow for the stops it will make so you don't miss the boat.

We did this as an excursion a few years ago. Since then our friend has bought a house in merida.

We are booked on a cruise that boards in Progreso. I have done some research and have found that Autoprogreso has busses scheduled every 10 minutes back and forth from merida and progreso.