Weather in the Cooks, October versus December?

Thought I'd make a new thread since I want to make a decision soon about this. We are moving a booking we have to next year, and we thought we'd try the Cook's itinerary. Trying to decide between October and December.

I know that weather in the Societies will be hotter and muggier in December. I've read that weather in the Cook's an be stormier in their "summer" as well. If anyone has been to the Cook's during either of these months, would you care to comment?

I'm leaning towards October; the price is pretty much the same. (Unfortunately much higher than the deal I got on my current reservation, booked during a Canadian dollar promotion--oh well, perhaps the dollar will be up by then, or there will be a new promotion.)

Thanks.

Cyclone season in the South Pacific is normally January to April,but there's always the chance of an early one.Also a few tropical storms from time to time.I'd go in October just to be safe.

Thanks, yes I agree October seems better. From a weather point-of-view here in North America, December seems better, although December in Florida is usually glorious.

The reunion cruise is out for us, although we were on the first one. Just can't get my head around going in July, since this is prime vacation time here in Canada, and not sure I want to give up my overnight at Bora Bora for another day at Motu Mahana (yes, two days there is glorious I agree.)