Is this do-able? Playa Port Mari

grenouille

Need some advice!

We are in port from 1pm to 10pm, but need to be back onboard the ship for our 6pm dinner.

We have two young kids (6 & 8) who are beginner snorkelers, and who love the water/beach. From what I have read, Playa Porto Mari would be a great beach for that. (does it have facilities? restaurant/bar?)

Is it realistic to think that we could take a taxi to this beach (80-100$ return fare?) as soon as we arrive, and then leave the beach around 5pm to be back onboard by 6pm? Is it worth it for such a short amount of time (about 3hrs)?

Our other option would be to take the kids to the Seaquarium, to see the dolphin and sea lion shows, etc...

Thanks!

http://www.playaportomari.com This might help the visual. It has been a few years since I was there, but food was typical bar food. (Be advised that at least at that time, they gave us change in their currency, so carry small US$ bills) Certainly good enough, but nothing spectacular. It is an excellent location for young snorkelers. Easy in and out and you can see lots of unusual fish that I have never seen before in the Caribbean. Very quiet and relaxed. The shore is a bit rocky tough, so fin socks or water shoes recommended.

• 4 weeks later...

Time might be pushing it. Assuming you start disembarking right at 1PM it might be 30 or 40 minutes till you get to the beach, between waling off the ship and hiring a taxi, loading etc. So that gets you there and settled in no earlier than a little before 2. If you want to make a 6Pm dinner I'd think you'd want to leave around 4, maybe 4:30 if you can all get cleaned up fast. That only leaves a couple hours at the beach which is OK but not tons of time. But if that's enough for you then go for it.

Is the restaurant at this beach nice? How is the food?

When you're sitting in an open air beach bar next to a beautiful beach just about anything is nice. The food is good - nothing too special.