Questions about parking, EZ Parking and Lighthouse

CoachV

We are leaving on the 12th from Galveston on the Ecstacy. This will be our first cruise. I am trying to decide which parking to use. I want it to be as simple as possible because of it being our first time. I have seen positive comments on both EZ Parking and Lighthouse! Which would be best for 1st timers? Also, do I drop off my checked luggage first and then go park or what? Thanks for any help you can give!

We are leaving the 7th out of Galveston for our first cruise as well. I read up on both Lighthouse and EZ Cruise and initially, had Lighthouse in mind but read more and eventually chose EZ Cruise. I can't remember what it was (I think it's closer) but I don't think you'll be disappointed either way. It's the same price for both and you can reserve them online.

From my understanding, they shuttle your luggage with you to the ship. No need to drop it off first!

We just came back from Conquest and used EZ parking. They do shuttle you to terminal. We did not drop our luggage off when we got there but when we got back DH went on shuttle to get car then came back and loaded luggage. Much easier that way. If you book on line you save a few bucks. We had no problems with them at all. It is only a couple of blocks from terminal. Have a great time.:)

once you decide, go ahead and make a reservation

right after Katrina hit, we were scheduled to cruise and the other ships hadn't come back yet and the parking lots were full

not only had I NOT made a reservation but my car actually broke down in the line to get in

it was not a very good beginning (we arrived via tow truck)

I cruised in summer of 2007 and used Lighthouse Parking. It was easy to pay online (and cheaper that way). We arrived about 10:30, drove right into the lot and a bus pulled up behind our car. They halped to load our luggage and we were at the terminal in about 5 minutes. When we got back to Galveston from our cruise, a bus was waiting for us and took us back to our car right away. Very easy, people seemed very nice and helpful. Did not need to drop luggage off first.

Booked our second cruise today, and already paid for parking at Light house again.

We are leaving on the 12th from Galveston on the Ecstacy. This will be our first cruise. I am trying to decide which parking to use. I want it to be as simple as possible because of it being our first time. I have seen positive comments on both EZ Parking and Lighthouse! Which would be best for 1st timers? Also, do I drop off my checked luggage first and then go park or what? Thanks for any help you can give!

We have used them and it was great. It really does not matter which one. You will get good service and a place to park your car with either that you choose. At least that is how it was before the storm.

Archived