Prepaid gratuites on RCI

beeburkhard

I am going on my first cruise in Aug and I have a question about pre paid gratuites. I have prepaid $140.00 for the 3 of us going. Now if I order room service or eat in the dining room and I supposed to tip or is it covered by my prepays? I understand if exceptional service I can tip more but I mean just standard everyday service. Thanks.

I am going on my first cruise in Aug and I have a question about pre paid gratuites. I have prepaid $140.00 for the 3 of us going. Now if I order room service or eat in the dining room and I supposed to tip or is it covered by my prepays? I understand if exceptional service I can tip more but I mean just standard everyday service. Thanks.

Your pre-paid covers your waiter, assistant waiter and room steward, no additional tips are required. If you have room service, it's a good idea to tip a couple of dollars. When you order anything from a bar, be it soda, bottled water or alcohol, there is a 15% gratuity added to your bill.

Btw, I was born in Toledo. East sider.

Your gratuities are pre-paid, but if let's say your cabin steward has done an exceptional job for ya'll or any other crew member, you can give them a little something extra. I do this if I get special treatment or great service. They really appreciate it too. They work very hard at making your vacation a wonderful experience. Have a great cruise.

In additon to giving a little exta for great service, make sure you put their names on your end of cruise form. That is how staff gets extra days off, promotions and such.:cool: We always tip room service cash when they deliver the cookies for midnight snacking:eek:. We however order early in the evening so not to get charged the extra fee for ordering after midnight. Other than that we also pre pay our tips. We do put extra $ in the envelopes, but pre paid just makes it easier to budget our cruise. Enjoy your vacation!

Archived