Just booked Sunset Resort..

dsschmidt1995

anything we should be aware of? Food, drinks? beach towels provided?

Is there a lot kids/family type atmosphere?

We just booked this resort today from resort for a day and our E ticket says you need to bring beach towels

I am also looking for any info on the resort good or bad that anyone is willing to offer :)

When we were at Sunset Beach in January, not alot of kids. Depends on when you are going. If there are kids there, they will be mainly at the water park area. You do need to bring your own towels. The bad thing about using Resort for a day is they take you back to the port 2 hours before your scheduled ship departure. We took a cab from the port , about $8 for 2, and grabbed a cab back 30 minutes before you have to be on the ship. We wanted to maximize the time there.

anything we should be aware of? Food, drinks? beach towels provided?

Is there a lot kids/family type atmosphere?

Is this booked direct, or through the ship? Ohh ...i see...now...Thanks.

Edited by ondebyou

When we were at Sunset Beach in January, not alot of kids. Depends on when you are going. If there are kids there, they will be mainly at the water park area. You do need to bring your own towels. The bad thing about using Resort for a day is they take you back to the port 2 hours before your scheduled ship departure. We took a cab from the port , about $8 for 2, and grabbed a cab back 30 minutes before you have to be on the ship. We wanted to maximize the time there.

Thank you for the report. We went here in 2005 and are thinking about doing it again. I definitely don't want to leave 2 hours early, so I will probably book direct with the resort and do the transportation on my own. That's the way we did it last time. Of course, the price was only $20pp then!

Edited by Cruise, J.D.

A better option than resortforaday would be caribbeandaypass dot com. Less expensive and you don't have to use a motor coach for your transportation......just grab a cab each way...no problem mon.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh so there is a water park area for the kids? I'm having trouble finding something to do because we have a 4 year old with us and most of the excursions that he would like require them to be at least 6 years old.

• 3 weeks later...

We went to Sunset in April, and I really was not impressed. The beach was tiny, we could not find more than 2 chairs together anywhere but at the very back of the "water park" area. This meant extremely long walks to the bathroom, the bars and the food.

Once at the bar, drinks were served in very small glasses and service was very slow. They also seemed to serve resort guests first.

Lunch was pretty good, great jerk chicken and enough variety to keep us happy.

The waterpark was a lazy river that never took you around the full loop without a lot of effort, a pirate ship (my son had no interest, and it didn't look too exciting, and a water slide that was too slow for my husband to make it down without pushing himself along.

It was my birthday, and I just kept thinking it was a bummer, and I wished we did something else or just stayed on the ship. We have stayed in all inclusive so before, and loved them. I could not have survived a week here it would have been way, way. too boring.

It was fairly quiet, so I guess if you want to get away from a huge crowd, that would work, but I didn't even find it relaxing to be honest. I think a swim up bar am have improved my mood 😎

Sent from my iPad using Forums