Swindon - Distance

Nymue

Can anyone tell me the distance from Swindon to Windor Castle, The New Forest Region and Bath.

We have enough Marriott points for several free nights and Swindon is one of the locations they are offering us as well as Bristol.

Thanks,

Anne

Can anyone tell me the distance from Swindon to Windor Castle, The New Forest Region and Bath.

We have enough Marriott points for several free nights and Swindon is one of the locations they are offering us as well as Bristol.

Thanks,

Anne

Funnily enough I stayed in a hotel at the weekend (The De Vere) in Swindson and had day trips to Bath and Oxford, (both around an hour in the car). Bath has a major traffic problem, if you follow the recommended route on things like the AA planner you may well spend 30 minutes getting to the city centre from the edge of town.

If you do try this look at the map and identify Bath racecourse, and travel cross country. There is a Park and Ride facility which will be both faster and cheaper than taking your car in. Exception is a Sunday when traffic is much lighter and you'll normally get a free parking space in Victoria Park.

Windsor is just over an hour.

Avebury, Stonehenge and salisbury are all worthwhile and on the (scenic) route to New Forest.

Archived