Finally booked my first Cruise

Hip Synch

I can't believe it, I've finally booked my first cruise. :D

It's on the Pacific Jewel.

It is a 'Taste of Tasmania' one on March 15th next year. I'm going with my son 30 and his girlfriend 21.

I am so excited and it is over a year away. Isn't that tragic? :)

There are very negative reviews on Cruise Critic for the Pacific Jewel but my girlfriend has just came back from that same trip and said that it is a matter of attitude. If you are determined to enjoy yourself you will, if you are out to criticise then you will find faults. I think that is a great way to look at it.

I did look it up on YouTube and Sunrise made it look good.:)

My

Don't worry about negative reports - just look forward to your cruise - count the months and days as anticipation is a big part of your holiday. We have never traveled on the Jewel but have done so on her sister ships. All good stuff over 7 cruises. Your cruise is what you make it, join in the action and you will be hooked like 99% of all first cruisers. Good luck

Love your attitude. You will have a great time and become addicted like the rest of us.

I know well-cruised people who love the Jewel so don't let negative people put you off. You will find lots of criticism of P&O Australia here, but we have travelled on Pacific Dawn several times and every time have enjoyed it immensely. The crew is always happy, the ship is always clean, plenty of good food and everything done for you. What more could you ask for? :D

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoy the trip! I am damn sure, you’re gonna have an amazing experience! My cruising experience came out fantastic. I had it on the last new years eve with Magistic Cruises at sydney harbour. It was a real fun trip and worth the investment. That was my first cruise trip. Now i am planning the next on vivid sydney festival with my GF. She had a trip with Vivid sydney cruises which she says was pretty good and I would probably choose it.

Edited by eliza09car

• 2 weeks later...

I have just booked my first P&O Aust cruise on the Jewel for Feb 24 2015. I'm really looking forward to it! I've sailed on the QM2 and Royal Carribean's Radiance of the Seas previously. I think all 3 cruise lines are completely different so rather than compare I plan on celebrating the differences! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...
I have just booked my first P&O Aust cruise on the Jewel for Feb 24 2015. I'm really looking forward to it! I've sailed on the QM2 and Royal Carribean's Radiance of the Seas previously. I think all 3 cruise lines are completely different so rather than compare I plan on celebrating the differences! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Stuff Kylie.It was this time eight years ago I booked my first one to go in Christmas 2007 which was on the Pacific Dawn and I loved it.I was walking past the Travel Agent and saw a commercial promoting P&O Cruises so went into book.For similar money to a decent Bali Deal I got a much better and safer holiday,meeting new people with theme nights,parties and for a single guy Women that my family approved of not to mention Multiple destinations.Think of it this way If I had the choice between Vila,Noumea,Mystery Island,Lifou and Isle of Pines versus being based in Kuta and taking advantage of day tours to explore Bali I know which one I would pick at the present time.

• 5 weeks later...